Are you considering investing in a business VoIP phone service but not sure which one is appropriate for your organization’s unique needs? VoIP is a term used to refer to Voice-over-IP which allows you to use an advanced call management features through a computer or mobile device. Unlike the old school bulky phone setup, a business VoIP is an ideal phone solution for small and large businesses alike. It allows businesses to cut down on phone costs while growing their businesses.
So what is VoIP?
VoIP or Voice-over-IP is a term used to refer to internet phone service. Unlike the traditional phone, VoIP uses the internet to make and receive calls.
Benefits of investing in business VoIP phone service
Here are some of the benefits of using business VoIP phone system:
- You can make and receive calls through computers, cellphones, and VoIP phone sets.
- You can easily monitor call durations, wait times, hold times, and overall usage
- One number can be shared amongst several staff
- Most business VoIP services come with caller ID, call forwarding, call routing, call waiting, and more
- You can use the same number everywhere you go
- It gives a business phone number so you not have to share your personal phone number with your clients
- Business VoIP provides cheaper local and international calls
The business VoIP phone service offers a lot of freedom and flexibility, and it has made it quite easy for businesses to have dedicated phone numbers. Whether you are a one-man company, a growing team of 20, or an established enterprise with over 100 staff, your business can use VoIP.
However, if you do not find the best VoIP phone service provider, then you can run into some serious difficulty. For instance, the voice quality of your VoIP calls will vary depending on the internet connection as well as the service provider you are using. Online landlines, you will lose VoIP connection when there is a power outage or internet disruption. However, this should not impact your business if you are adequately prepared. That said, when is the right time to invest in a VoIP business phone service?
Do you need a VoIP phone solution for your business?
In any business, giving potential clients a way to get in touch with you is helpful when building trust and boosting sales. When launching a website, most webmasters include a contact form which makes it easy for them to communicate with their users. However, depending on your industry, some customers may prefer instant communication. This is where business VoIP solution comes in to enable you better track and manage your calls, collect customer information, and build trust and establish a lasting relationship with your clients.
How to choose the best VoIP business phone service
There are several VoIP providers in Kenya. This abundance of choice makes it quite difficult for businesses to find the best VoIP provider. If you are just getting started, then chances are you are looking for the cheapest VoIP business phone provider in the market. However, you need to be cautious when going down this road because they may not come with certain crucial features, which you would later find essential for your business. Then there are certain business VoIP services that just not quite easy to implement, customize to your business’ needs, or are simply too expensive.
When comparing business VoIP providers for your business, you should look for one with balanced features and comes with a reasonable price tag. Here is a quick checklist that you should consider:
- Cost of calls: Most business VoIP solutions offer different plans for local and international calls. You need to opt for a provider based on the geographical location of your clients.
- Features available in the VoIP plans: Most VoIP providers offer different features while some provide them as add-ons at an extra cost. This can increase the eventual cost of operating your VoIP phone service.
- Third party integrations: Find out if the VoIP solution has allows for third party integrations to tools like your CRM software, email marketing, as well as other tools.
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), also known as internet telephony, has become increasingly popular with businesses across Kenya. And the reasons are quite simple: businesses are looking for cheaper ways to communicate with their clients without having to compromise on productivity or efficiency. Get in touch with us today so we can discuss your business VoIP phone service needs.